Most online casinos offer deposit bonuses for new and loyal players. Players must only deposit a minimum amount to claim the reward. But deposit bonuses often have terms and conditions, with qualifying payment options being one of them. With American Express cards, most casinos would reward your deposit with free tokens. So, this article discusses how American Express cash rewards work and the most popular bonuses at American Express online casinos.
American Express rewards are basically casino bonuses for making a real-money deposit using a credit/debit card. This bonus can be awarded to new and loyal players. To qualify for American Express credit card rewards, players must deposit a minimum amount specified by the bonus terms and conditions. Then, the casino will match it up to a specific percentage and amount. The American Express rewards can sometimes come as free spins on particular slot machines.
Below are the steps to link your American Express card to the casino and claim your deposit bonus:
- Find a reliable online casino accepting Amex and other safe casino payment methods. You can refer to CasinoRank’s collection of reliable gambling sites vetted and approved by experienced experts.
- After finding a casino, sign-up by providing your details like name, date of birth, email, password, etc. It’s advisable to give the exact information like that on your American Express card to avoid complications during KYC (Know Your Customer.
- Next, head to the cashier and choose American Express as the deposit method. To link your card to the casino, enter details like card name, number, expiry date, and CVV.
- Lastly, enter the bonus code (if any) and then enter the amount before confirming the transaction. The best online casinos credit American Express rewards and deposits into player accounts instantly.
American Express online casino rewards can come in varying forms and sizes. Without further ado, here are the most prevalent bonuses on most gambling sites:
- Match Deposit Bonus: As the name hints, this is a reward given to American Express cardholders who make their first deposit at the casino. Suppose an Amex casino welcomes new signees with 100% up to $50 for making credit/debit card deposits. A player who deposits $50 will receive a similar amount in non-withdrawable bonus money.
- Reload Bonus: This is another popular Amex casino bonus and is a follow-up on the match deposit bonus to encourage gamers to continue depositing real money. This bonus is similar to the Amex match deposit bonus, although the percentage is often lower.
- Free Spins: Bonus spins can be part of the bonuses discussed above or come as standalone rewards. The casino can reward players with a specific number of free game rounds on particular slot machines or any game title. Note that free spins can be for loyal or new players.
- Cashback: This bonus is specifically for loyal players who often play casino games for real money. Cashback bonuses have the same format as match deposit and reload bonuses, although the percentage and amount are usually small. For instance, a casino can offer a Monday cashback of 10% up to $20.
One thing about casino rewards for the most popular payment methods is that they are non-withdrawable. However, you can withdraw winnings from these rewards after fulfilling the wagering requirements. This is the number of times you play using the bonus money before withdrawing winnings.
Here is an example; a casino can reward you with ten free spins on a slot machine after making an Amex deposit. Then, the bonus terms specify that you must meet a 20x wagering requirement before cashing out winnings. If you win $50 from these free spins, you’ll wager winnings from that amount by 20x before cashing out. So, if the amount is $50, you must play for $250.
Earning winnings from American Express bonus money is a lot more straightforward. You must only multiply the bonus amount by the wagering requirement to know the amount to play with before cashing out. But either way, stick to American Express rewards with the lowest possible wagering requirements.
Other American Express Bonus Conditions to Note
Besides the wagering requirement, players should also read the Amex bonus terms to know the following:
- Bonus validity duration
- Maximum winning amount
- Qualifying games
- Minimum deposit amount
- Game contribution percentage
Don’t overlook the qualifying games, because this can determine whether you win real money from the Amex bonus. Here is the thing; a player using their Amex deposit free spins on a slot machine with higher RTP (return to player) and low volatility has higher odds of winning a payout than one playing on an opposite slot. Choose the games carefully!
You’ll almost certainly receive a deposit bonus from an American Express online casino. But although reading the bonus terms is critical, remember that rewards must not necessarily translate to real money winnings. All casino games have an edge that limits your winning chances. So, use the American Express bonus to sharpen your gaming skills and treat the wins as mere bonuses.