Competition in the online casino industry is becoming a blessing for players. Almost all online casinos give new players various bonuses to beat off the competition. For the players, these welcome bonuses represent an excellent way to test the game library at a new casino and win a payout on a good day.
But it’s an open secret that most players give up on their online casino welcome bonus after failing to win real money. That’s why this article has compiled the best strategies to help you exploit the bonuses and promotions at online casinos.
The best online casinos offer various types of welcome bonuses. While having many options is suitable for new gamblers, choosing the right promotion can be overwhelming. After all, each bonus has a different structure. So, know your preference and style of play before claiming the rewards.
For instance, if playing online slots is your priority, join a free welcome bonus casino that offers free spins bonus as part of the welcome promotion. You can also choose a brand with the best online casino no deposit bonus if you're not ready to deposit real money on your first day. And, of course, choose a match deposit bonus if you’re after those significant sign-up rewards.
Almost all online casino bonuses come with fine print that players must read and understand before claiming the reward. These terms dictate how new players will use the bonus to prevent possible bonus abuse. The casino will void any bonus progress if you fail to honor even a single clause of the welcome bonus terms and conditions.
So, below are a few points to consider in casino bonus terms:
- Wagering requirements: These are the number of times you must wager the welcome bonus before withdrawing any winnings. A casino can award newcomers a $200 prize with a 30x wagering requirement, meaning these gamers must wager $6,000 (30 x $200) before cashing out. Choose a welcome bonus with the lowest possible wagering requirements.
- Game contributions: You will not use the online casino bonus on the entire game selection. That’s because the casino will specify the game contribution percentages, with slots often contributing 100%. In other words, playing slots with real money automatically reduces the wagering requirements.
- Qualifying games: This is especially common with welcome free spin bonuses. Most casinos would specify the online slots to play using the free spins, usually games they wish to introduce to players. Only qualifying games specified in the bonus terms contribute to fulfilling the wagering requirements.
- Expiry period: After triggering the welcome reward, know the duration it takes to fulfil the wagering requirements. Casinos have varying durations, with most maxing out at 30 days. Ensure the period is tenable based on the bonus size and wagering requirements.
- Maximum withdrawal limit: Don’t ignore the maximum payout from a casino welcome bonus. Ensure the limit is high to avoid an unpleasant situation where you win a $5,000 jackpot but can only withdraw $200 due to a bonus clause.
All online casino games have a theoretical return to player (RTP). This is the maximum percentage players can win from any real money wager. In games like poker, blackjack, and roulette, where the developer often indicates the house edge, players can determine the RTP by subtracting the value from 100%.
Playing online casino games with high RTP using the welcome reward is often advisable to increase your chances of winning a payout. Ideally, luck-based games like slots and scratch cards should have at least 96%. Roulette players should also stick to the American wheel, whereas blackjack and poker fans can use an optimal strategy to reduce the house edge and win real money using the welcome reward.
Casino welcome bonuses offer an excellent way to test a new casino and win extra money without risking a coin. But it’s essential to understand the terms and conditions associated with the bonuses and choose the right bonus for your gaming style. And dont't forget to take advantage of loyalty rewards and play games with high RTP values using the welcome reward.